Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Party

Click on the link below to watch a little Valentines party action from today.
Valentine Party
~They made little heart-shaped magnets with their pictures in them
~They frosted heart-shaped chocolate cupcakes and decorated them with sprinkles
~My sister and I each read them a Valentines Day book
~We played games
1. I hid 12 hearts around the living room (in plain sight mostly) and they had so much fun finding them! That game was a big hit and we ended up playing it several times.
2. Cupid Says. Basically Simon Says except I didn't try to trick them by not saying it. I just said "Cupid Says rub your tummy!" or "Cupid says jump up and down!" Another fun game they enjoyed.
3. Each kid had 2 balloons and I had their mom blow up the balloon but not tie it. Then I put a target on the floor and the kids would let go of their balloon and see if it came close to the target. The balloons actually hit the target a couple of times! We were contained in a pretty small area so that might have helped. It made the kids giggle when their balloon would hit someone else as it deflated and flew around the room. I gave them two balloons so the adult could be blowing up the second balloon while the first one was flying around the room so it kept the momentum going.

A very fun party! Everything turned out to be age appropriate and the kids really enjoyed everything. It was short and sweet (the whole party was probably over in about 35 minutes). Then the kids just had fun playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment