Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Veterans Day

With Veterans Day coming up tomorrow and my dad being a Vietnam Vet, I want to do something to really involve the kids and help make an impact on them. As I was sitting here browsing and thinking about crafts and things I thought that one thing we might do would be make a sign that says "Thank you for your sacrifice" and put the kids' handprints on it and then take the boys to the Lincoln VA Center and give it to them to display somewhere. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow of us doing that. I've been so unmotivated lately with being preggo...that's why I give no guarantees. :) If you know of a Vet or someone in active military duty who lives close to you make them a card or a sign to let them know you appreciate them! I wasn't on top of it this year and opted to send my dad an ecard instead of a paper card since I thought about it too late. We'll give him a call, too.

Here's a craft that I thought would be fun for my 3 year old to help make. Using a brown lunch bag they can make an eagle puppet. I thought we'd trace his handprints and use those for the wings instead of what is shown.

I hope everyone has a blessed Veterans Day and don't forget to thank a Veteran!

No comments:

Post a Comment