Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kaleidoscope Painting

Today we did a painting project that was fun and easy! You start out with two colors of kid-safe paint. You put two big drops in the center of a piece of paper that you have placed in a 9x13 pan (it doesn't have to be a disposable pan).

Then you place a golfball in the pan and let your child roll the ball back and forth until it makes a kaleidoscope painting! :)
It turned out pretty well. Here's the website that explains it in more detail: http://blissfullydomestic.com/2010/kaleidoscope-painting
Ours turned out nothing like they showed, but it was still fun and my son enjoyed making the ball roll back and forth.

2 comments:

  1. That looks cool, but I gotta ask...did the prep and the clean up take longer then doing the actual painting?? I just got a hunch?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do this at preschool, only we use a few marbles. I heard you can do it with a shoebox, then tape it shut so the kids can really shake it. But I think they like to look at the marbles rolling around. Here's another idea for painting, use celery sticks with the leaves. The leaves make a cool "flowerish" pattern. I do it all the time when I don't want to waste the inside of the celery stalk.

    ReplyDelete