Friday, October 1, 2010

I knew it, I knew it...but I blew it

So the other day I posted about the fall sensory box and how that included an overripe tomato. And also how I was asking for trouble with that. Well, I went off and left that sensory box (I did manage to take out the pear). Today my children grabbed the box off of the counter and headed for the living room to play with it. I did a quick mental checklist: leaves, acorns, sticks...can't be that bad. Totally forgot about the overripe tomato. They were playing together oh so nicely that I let them be for longer than normal. So when I finally went into the living room to check on them I found a squished tomato and seeds everywhere.

This week I've been working on an ABC Zoo Book for Roman.
I am using pictures of (you guessed it) animals and things at the zoo. I've incorporated both the Lincoln and Omaha Zoos since the Henry Doorly has more exotic animals which means more letters for our alphabet book. I mean, goats are great and all, but how about a GORILLA? Except my kids could really care less. They like the goats.

This book has been really fun to put together because we visited the zoo with lots of friends this past summer so we have pictures of Roman's friends to include in his book, too.
I'll post more pictures when the book is complete and I have it printed. But right now I have to go give my diaper-clad son a bath...I love our charcoal grill, but the ashes are just too tempting. Don't worry - they weren't hot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment