Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finger Tracing Paint Bag


I picked up some tempera paint at Michaels this morning when I was picking up more birthday party supplies (it's getting close! One week from today!). I saw this idea over at Confessions of a Homeschooler and have wanted to try it ever since. Mostly because it looked like a non-messy way to play with paint! :)

You just squirt some paint into a gallon sized freezer bag. You probably don't need to use a freezer bag, but I figured the thicker the better! I had Roman help me squeeze the paint into the bag. Then he used his finger, a paintbrush, and a closed Sharpie marker (with a rounded edge) to draw on the bag.

Roman made squiggles and drew some letters.

Roman really wanted to use an eraser and lo and behold it worked like a charm! If he lightly and quickly moved it back and forth it would settle the paint so he had a clean slate to draw on. A fun activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment