Monday, April 25, 2011

May Day Basket Healthy Goodies

I don't know about you, but I love doing May Day baskets with my kids. However, May Day being the week after Easter you're probably like me and don't want any more candy in your house! So I've been thinking about alternatives to the candy and here's what I've come across.

Mini Granola Bars: these bars are a healthy treat and I was thinking if you cut them up into mini bars and wrap them in Saran Wrap you can stick them into your little May Day baskets. A healthy treat and most kids like granola bars, right?

Trail Mix: there are so many options to how healthy you can make this. Try adding yogurt covered raisins to your dried fruit and mixed nuts.

Mini Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies: these look good and even though they are cookies, they are somewhat healthy.

Baby Bananas: Have you seen these in the stores? So cute and the perfect size for a May Day basket.

That's all I have for now! I hope that gives you some healthy ideas for your kids' May Day baskets. I have little kids with young friends so I think these ideas would work. With bigger kids who know that May Day baskets are usually filled with candy, these ideas might be a total bust. :)

1 comment: