Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Butterfly Valentine


We made this craft this morning for something fun to do. I would suggest it would probably work better for a little older child. I helped Roman quite a bit. Of course it always helps when mom is better prepared and not working on the fly! :)

We started out by wrapping an empty toilet paper roll with construction paper and stapling it on. Next I cut out some butterfly wings and had him decorate them. We glued the wings onto the wrapped toilet paper roll.

Then I took a pipe cleaner and stapled that onto the toilet paper roll and had Roman roll the ends around a pencil.

And there it is! It's cute and festive and will be a nice little homemade Valentine's decoration in my living room.

I think we are finally seeing the light at the end of this sickness tunnel! My boys woke up in good moods, played pretty well this morning, and when they started getting cranky it finally dawned on me...they are actually hungry for lunch! :) So I made lunch for all of us for the first time in almost a week. It's nice to be back to somewhat of a normal routine around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment