Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Finger Paint Pudding


I have wanted to do this for a long time, but I knew the mess would reach astronomical proportions. Today, I finally came to peace with the mess. My son and I made chocolate pudding together and then when it had set, I dumped some onto a small cookie sheet. I had him practice making some letters and shapes and then I just let him put both hands in and get messy! Not sure if our clothes will ever recover (or my kitchen...). I took these photos right at the beginning before the real messiness began.
Even little brother got in on the fun! This kept them entertained for all of 10 minutes, but it was worth it! I wish I could say that was chocolate pudding on my son's forehead, but it is a perpetual bruise from him falling down and smacking his head on pavement.
The kids loved this activity. Probably due to the fact that they got to eat chocolate pudding! You could use the same idea using sugar or cornmeal for a fun way to have your kiddos practice their letters.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! We made edible play dough this summer with peanut butter, honey, and dry milk. I wish I could have seen the "after" pics. :)

    Megan S.

    ReplyDelete