Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beginnings!

Right at this second I have oodles of ideas for teaching my son running through my head. I need a place to get them out! And I need a place so that I can go back and remember the ideas I once had. :) I figure a blog is just the place. If I give you some ideas in the process...*cue Hallelujah Chorus.* I love searching the internet for homeschooling ideas. And there are so many it is hard to narrow it down sometimes. I am just starting to do some preschool activities with my 3 year old boy. So even if you're not homeschooling, most of these ideas are going to be super fun to do with your preschooler on a rainy day!
I was looking online the other day for a weather graph idea and came across this little ditty. Super easy and super cute! And effective for a preschooler. And bonus! I already had everything to make it.
My 3 year old has totally loved it. We have it hanging by our back door and every day he sees it and wants to put the arrow on each of the forecasts before settling it on the one that is actually for that day. I just cut an arrow out of construction paper and glued it to a clothespin.
I cut the sun and umbrella out of contruction paper and the cloud is a cotton ball. The snowflake was something I had in my scrapbooking supplies. I did the cutting and writing, but let my son glue everything. So grab a paper plate and make one today!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Joy!!! As soon as we move, I will be trying out some of your ideas so keep them coming. If I find any good ideas, I will share as well ;)

    ReplyDelete