Thursday, March 31, 2011

Summer Fun!

I ran across this crafty idea for keeping track of the fun things to do with your kids for summer. While I admit this probably doesn't fall under "how best to spend your time," it was fun to do rather than clean. :) I just cut a bunch of strips of coordinating scrapbook paper and then at the top titled it "Summer To Do List." Then I put it in a frame and wrote my list on the glass (you could write directly onto the scrapbook paper) and hung it on my wall where I will see it often. And in case you were totally curious like I was as to what was actually on the list, I'll share mine with you. This is just a random list - I don't plan on doing everything on this list (especially with a new baby), but sometimes you just need a reminder in front of you and you can throw together a really fun evening or weekend for the family! Summer To Do List Day Camp at Pioneers Park Nature Center, Swimming at Union Pool, Movies in backyard (I'm hoping to borrow a projector and put a sheet up on our house for this), Visit library/work on reading with Roman, Grill out at lake, Visit a new park, Art projects, Go strawberry picking, Picnics in backyard, Camping in backyard, Fly a kite, Family bike rides, Bake summer treats, Visit Omaha Zoo, Visit Botanical Gardens (Omaha), Swim at Star City Shores, Go on a family hike, Make homemade ice cream, Redo boys' room, Outdoor game night, Go out for slushies night, Kansas City mini-vacation, Date nights with each of the boys separately, See play at Pioneers Park, Paint pottery, Have Roman write a letter to Grandpa and Grandma, Water balloon fight, Czech festival, Go to a movie, Make popsicles, Plant flowers, Splash Pad, Music and Mozzarella (Children's Museum outdoor music).

2 comments:

  1. oh man how much fun is that! I love all your different ideas! When's that baby comin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. June 2nd is the big day! :)

    ReplyDelete