Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and I wanted to pass on my ideas to you since we'll be running around tomorrow and I'm not sure when I'll have time to post.

I messed up the living room tonight (left the vacuum laying on the floor, stretched a blanket between two chairs, laid the boys' toolbench on its side) and left a trail of coins. I used real money because Roman LOVES putting coins into his piggy bank. So when the boys wake up in the morning I will tell them the Leprechaun came to visit during the night and messed up the house! And now they need to look for the "pot of gold" that he left behind (candy). Hoping they'll get a kick out of searching the house to find the pot of gold.

I found this cute St. Pats mobile that you can print out and have your child assemble.

Sometime tomorrow I want the boys to help me make Irish soda bread. I've never made it but the recipe seems easy enough. We don't have much Irish in us, but everybody is Irish on St. Patrick's Day, right? :)

Roman has his 4 year doctor check-up tomorrow so I told him after that we'd go visit the UNL Dairy Store to pick out some mint chip ice cream to make Shamrock Shakes for an after dinner St. Patty's Day treat. Our shakes will just be mint chip ice cream blended with milk.

Menu for St. Patrick's Day
Breakfast - shamrock shaped pancakes, kiwi
Snack - Irish Soda Bread
Lunch - sandwiches cut into shamrock shapes, green veggies
Dinner - Tilapia (sorry, just can't bring myself to do the corned beef & cabbage), green veggies, green jello with pears, maybe some more Irish Soda Bread, shamrock shakes for dessert

As you can tell we really aren't Irish. :) I just have fun making the holidays special for my boys. So enjoy and I hope you have a Happy St. Patrick's Day! I would leave you with an Irish Blessing, but instead...

"If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?"

No comments:

Post a Comment