Saturday, March 26, 2011

Non-existent sewing skills


A couple of my very talented friends motivated me to try my hand at sewing. I had to borrow my mom's sewing machine so I don't think I'll be doing this on a regular basis, but the one pair of pants I made for Titus was really satisfying! :)

What got the ball rolling was one day my hubby came home from work and the sleeve of the dress shirt he was wearing had ripped. The material was just perfect for a little pair of dress pants for my youngest. So after visiting this tutorial about a bazillion times to get the instructions right, I started hacking away at the material. I didn't have a pair of sewing scissors and "hacking" is an accurate word. My mom used to make a lot of our clothes growing up and she can attest that my cutting job was less than stellar. :) BUT, it all thankfully worked out.

I don't have pictures of us sewing the pants because my mind was consumed with trying to figure out what to do next (even though my mom was right there telling me what to do the whole time). :)

The pants turned out super cute though! They are going to be Titus' Easter pants with a bright polo and his little Converse shoes. :)

He had taken a spill on the sidewalk if you were wondering what happened to his nose and forehead. Poor kid.

I'm obviously not that confident behind a sewing machine, but these were super easy to make and turned out great...therefore giving me the confidence to try it again!

4 comments: