Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Preschool Practice

I found a great blog for preschool printable resources the other day and so I decided to try some of them out on my preschooler. He absolutely loved them! I only printed out 4 activities, but I will definitely be going back for more! Click here to visit the blog. I printed out some PreK Christmas Activities. She has numerous activities for every letter of the alphabet and some holiday activities.

Tracing shapes and patterns was the first activity we did. You can see little bro in the background really wanting to take part. :) I finally gave him a marker and a piece of paper and he thought he was big stuff.

The second activity was similar to the first, but it includes scissor practice.
Next up was a pattern game which included figuring out the pattern (which we have never really worked on so that was a good one!) and then gluing down the little pieces of paper he had cut out onto the right spots.
The last activity was a color key picture. It was great practice for colors and numbers. I would have him look at the color key and tell me what color was next to number 1. Then I would pull out the marker (I would use crayons next time) and give him the color he told me. Then I would help him find the number on the Christmas tree and color it in with the correct color. After we finished I let him loose with glitter glue to really make his picture sparkle. He LOVES glitter glue. Definitely some fabulous activities and all you need is a printer and some basic art supplies.
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment: