Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Tree

Our Thanksgiving Tree!


















This year for Thanksgiving I made a Thanksgiving tree for the kids. I had them help me gather sticks from the yard and we put them in a vase and stuffed ripped up pieces of brown paper bag around the sticks to hold them up. I had these foam leaves on hand but you could cut out your own leaves from construction paper or cardstock. A quick tip: trace one or two leaf shapes and then stack a few pieces of construction paper underneath so you can cut multiple leaves at the same time.

I had the boys "write" what they were thankful for on the leaves. My 4 year old would say what he was thankful for and then he would write the first letter on the leaf. You could work on spelling shorter words out with them. My youngest would scribble on the leaves. It was cute to hear Roman ask Titus what he was thankful for. :) Then I wrote what they were thankful for and put the year on the bottom so I could save it for next year.













No comments:

Post a Comment