Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Giant Ice Cubes

My boys like to destroy things. It's in their DNA. I saw this idea on a couple of different blogs. You get a container (any shape and size) and you put little plastic toys in it and then fill it up with water and freeze it. It's probably better to freeze layer by layer of toys, but I just did it all at once. I took little green army men, some change (for their piggy banks) and a spiderman and froze them in some water. You have to think ahead a bit on this and fix it up the night before. I gave the boys squirt guns (we have ice cream cone squirt guns from their Easter baskets in case you were wondering what those plastic ice cream cones were) and hammers. The squirt guns were kind of a bust after the hammers came out. :) I've also seen where you can give the kids salt and let them spoon it onto the ice to melt it.

They thought it was totally fun and it kept them entertained for about 15 minutes before they had every last little piece of ice smashed.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. Now I'm just trying to think of how I can keep the kiddos occupied for over 15 minutes. What do ya think? More ice cubes? Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete