Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rediscover the joy

"If a child is to keep his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in."
-Rachel Carson
Hope this encourages you like it did me! I like to watch my husband for inspiration...he will sit with Roman during the evenings and draw mazes for him, he'll wrestle with the boys, and he genuinely seems to enjoy building forts. While I do some of these things with my kids...I can't say I really enjoy them very much of the time. Just a reminder that life as an adult can get too focused and mundane and sometimes we need to remember our "inborn sense of wonder."
p.s. the "Honk" shirt Titus is wearing was my husbands when he was little. So thankful my mother-in-law kept it! Apparently "honk" was my husband's first word.

1 comment:

  1. so true...thanks for sharing this reminder. don't you wish there was a house fairy to take care of all the messes so we could just play all day? :) love your photos, im so jealous and wish I had photo skill like you! :)

    ReplyDelete